- Body in White (B.I.W.) is a welded sheet metal parts (components) that form the vehicle’s structure to assemble with other components i.e., engine, chassis, exterior, and interior trim. At Weld Shop, we call this BIW. It is the Sheet Metal body before heading to the paint shop. Fixtures, Grippers, Clamping Units, Locating Units, and Dump Units & Pin Units are all covered in-depth in this course.
- This Domain Training of BIW Fixture Design gives the insight to Study, understand, and gain knowledge of Process Design, 3D Concept Design, Validation, Gun Study, Modification, 3D Finish, and 2D Drafting using GD&T.
- The course is structured to start with the fundamentals of fixture design and proceed to the final design. If the fundamentals of fixture design aren’t followed, it can lead to poor productivity and quality issues.
- The apparent advantages include reduced setup and cycle times, increased component accuracy, and deskilling the job setting operation. The course emphasizes further on the Fixtures, Grippers, Clamping Units, Locating Units, and Dump Units & Pin Units.
- Training also gives an exposure to the Automotive Industry Standards, Design & Manufacturing methodology, and it will help the fresh Engineer to join the industry confidently For 3D modeling, assembly, bill of materials, and 2D drafting, we use CATIA V5 software.
- This training is conducted on live and recently executed projects, with a minimum of 5 different projects. POKA YOKE, 3D modeling of parts and assembly, using popular design CAD tools, and preparing the final manufacturing drawings.
- During the course, topics such as Design for accuracy, manufacturing, and assembly will be covered. It will be a very interactive and hands-on training session that will cover all aspects of fixture design from every angle.
If you desire to become a successful MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER-
– Preferred to work with engineering core companies
– Chose your mentor properly
– Read at least 1 hr/day and gain knowledge apart from your work
– Don’t look for just good companies, search for good jobs
– Must have adequate knowledge to ask the proper question
– Learn to say no, if it is impossible for you
– Keep a good association with your client & mentor
– Don’t send incomplete deliveries to your client.
– If required send apologies for the delay
– Deliver pro-active worth recommendations where ever possible
– Minimise your conversation with fancy titles
– It’s possible to enter the industry as an engineer & retire as an engineer, just one need to be careful in choosing the type of company, type of work & mentor
– Engineer title is permanent, to have a permanent title one must work hard, practice & must have patience
– Engineer title at different experience levels increases commitment as an engineer
– Good Engineers enhances the value of the company
– Good Engineers are always an asset to the organization & the country
Universities will make you GRADUATE, Others will make you MANAGER
“It’s up to you to Push Yourself to become a GOOD ENGINEER”